JOIN THE UNIHALL AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
UniHall Ambassadors are one of the Hall’s and UWA’s greatest assets.
They are living proof that our students come from all over Australia and around the world, achieving great success in their studies whilst making lifelong friendships. UniHall Ambassadors are proud of living at University Hall and want to give back to the community by sharing their personal experiences with others.
Our Ambassadors are able to closely relate to high school students, their families, friends and teachers as they share their journey to UWA and the transition to living away from home; in many cases moving to Perth from regional Western Australia, another state or even overseas.
We hope that our Ambassadors real life experiences of living at UniHall will enlighten prospective UniHallers (and their families) so they can make a more informed decision about living on campus and feel more relaxed about embarking on the next chapter of their life journey.
It is anticipated that by being in the company of an actual ‘resident’, future UniHallers will obtain answers to questions that only a resident can answer.
If you have an interest in inspiring future residents to live at University Hall and choose UWA, join the UniHall Ambassador program.
What you’ll do as a UniHall Ambassador
- Participate in University Hall events and activities including:
– Hall tour
– School visits – in your local hometown or city
– Assist with Hall events
- Encourage and inspire prospective residents by sharing your journey to university and UniHall
- Show high school students why UniHall, and UWA, is worth considering as an option for their future.
- Have lots of fun!
What you’ll get out of it
- The knowledge that you are giving back and helping others.
- Opportunities to gain leadership skills and experience in public speaking.
- Receive training in working with teenagers and culturally diverse communities.
- Meet like-minded UniHall and UWA students.
- Attend social events throughout the year.
- Opportunities to network with UniHall decision makers.
- Your contribution will be recognised on your UWA Volunteering Activity Statement.
- Special UniHall Ambassador merchandise.
- A certificate to certify your status as a UniHall Ambassador and the number of hours you have volunteered.
How to become a Student Ambassador
- Have an interest in helping high school students transition to living away from home; live on campus; and, aspire to university.
- Be able to contribute to events and activities throughout the year.
- Fill out the application form.